1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Wiring in cab 05 Dodge Ram

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Green Image, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Green Image

Green Image Junior Member
    from Iowa

The way I interpret the Boss schematic I need switched 12v power from under dash to trigger the Boss controls. Is there an easy connection under the dash or should I run a new wire in from the relay and fuse box into the cab? And if I run a new wire which connection in the relay box has anyone used to provide switched power? 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 w/ Diesel. 8'2" poly "V"

Thank you for the help.

2. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

Green Image: How does your truck work out? I have an 06 HEMI Gasser that I will be plowing with for the first time this year. Just wanted to know what to expect.
    It's a 06 Quad cab SLT with the 5.7 HEMI.

Thanks

3. MJLsLawnCareNmo

MJLsLawnCareNmo Senior Member

What I used was a pink wire with a yellow stripe under the dash under the steering column. It's one of the wires in the mass of wires that plugs into a wiring harness towards the driver's side. It's a key on accessory wire that is fused by fuse 29 I believe.