1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss wiring for ford

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Baseball1, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Baseball1

Baseball1 Junior Member

Hello, can I take my wiring harness off of a 96 f250 and have it fit my 2000 f250. I have a Boss Poly V-blade Rt3 Smart hitch set up. The plow is a 2002 model year. I know I need a different mount but am trying to decide whether to buy a new harness or save some money if I can transfer it. Thanks very much.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The main truck side plow harness's are all the same. You only need to change the headlight adapters to be compatible with what evry truck you're installing it on. So yes with the correct light adapters you can re-use it.
  3. Baseball1

Baseball1 Junior Member

Thank you very much. Right after I read your message I started pulling it. It's really alot easier than it looks. If you do alot of your own work, like I have to, it's pretty simple once you figure it out. I'll be saving some money for this part of it, Thanks again!
  4. brookline

brookline Senior Member

are you interested in selling your mount?
  5. Baseball1

Baseball1 Junior Member

Sorry, already sold the truck with the mount.