1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss wiring - 92 chev truck

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by IMAGE, Nov 11, 2008.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Installing a new wiring harness in 1992 K15.

Got the headlights hooked up, and there is a RED wire near the passenger side headlight that must go to the blinkers?

There is also a PURPLE and a YELLOW wire near the drivers side headlight. Where do they go? Blinkers Also? is one for running(marker) lights, and the other a blinker?

I dont have the plow side here to check right now by hooking them up and testing that way...

Also, on the wiring harnness, on the passenger side near the battery, there is 2 white w/black stripe wires that go to the same connector, where does this go, power or ground?
    (there is also 2 red ones- power, and 2 black ones -ground, allready)
    Thanks!

2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Got everything else in the engine compartment done, just wondering about these 2 wires, which is marker and which is blinker? (if thats what they are?)

There is also a PURPLE and a YELLOW wire near the drivers side headlight. Where do they go? Blinkers Also? is one for running(marker) lights, and the other a blinker?

Just got the couple wires in the cab and i'm done. so if anyone knows about the purple and yellow wires let me know.

3. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Well pretty sure i got it all figured out. Guess I'll know for sure tomorrow when I hook up the plow :)

4. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

NICE.
    wish i could help but i aint got a clue????:confused:

I just said hi to you in another thread too.
    HI AGAIN!!!

GOOD LUCK with it.
    gotta love the life, push snow, work on truck, push snow, work on truck, push snow,etc.etc.etc.etc.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Saw your thread yesterday IMAGE but didn't get a chance to reply...

Should have had a pink wire (not red) on the pass side..thats your R turn.

Your purple and yellow on the dr side are your L. turn and marker lights. Yellow is the markers and purple is your L turn.

The twin white/black wires with the single connector are your UHS trigger wires..

Should have also had two browns (not black) one is ground for the UHS (small stud). Other is ground for the harness, goes on the batt neg.

6. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Thanks B&B,
    :salute:That means I just got the L turn and the Marker backwards, but everything else I put just like you said.

I'll have to drive it home with the blinker messed up, on my way to go pick up the plow now.

7. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Ok picked it up and everything works like it should except I have no marker lights. I just gotta find the right feed wire on the truck and I will be good.

Thanks for your help B&B

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Marker light wire on the truck will be brown. :salute:

9. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

ha I figured that also, after wiring it and realizing that a brown wire ran to all the lights on the truck side, that it was a marker light, just didnt figure it till after i was done lol. i'll switch it tomorrow, thanks again.