1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Wings???

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 04WhiteSport, Aug 20, 2009.

1. 04WhiteSport

04WhiteSport Senior Member

Anyone have any good places to get GOOD wings to fit a 7.6 poly plow. RT3?? I have seen some and heard bad storys of them falling off in the Snow and so on. Any help would be good!

Let it SNOW!

2. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

My local BOSS dealer sells the BOSS Wings for $675.
    We run them and love-em! Well worth the extra money

3. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

I have Boss wings and love them! If you you heard they were falling off, them someone only installed with half the bolts and left the other half loose.:dizzy: These things are solid! They hurt my wallet at first, but well worth it! payuppayup I thought about selling mine shortly after I got them, but every time I used 'em that thought quickly vanished.

The only thing I can say that I don't like is when my cutting edge wore down and the rubber edges had more pressure on pavement, the whole blade seemed to chatter quite a bit. I put shoes on and that helped.

4. plowboss

plowboss Member

installed a set of boss wings at the begining of last winter. very worth while. huge time saver. got almost 200 hrs on them and they worked great..only had one issue. one of the spring loaded top fasteners seemed to be comming loose from time to time. got a couple of grade 8 nuts and bolts
    and that fixed that problem. only now a wrench is needed to remove them, but the truck stays on site so we don't remove them anyway. but they definatly are worth it.