1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss wings

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by deluxeco, Nov 22, 2007.

1. deluxeco

deluxeco Senior Member

Just wondering if there was any feedback on the Boss wings,debating installing them on a v plow,thanks

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

I too would like to here some Pros and Cons as well. Free Bump
  3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

4. deluxeco

deluxeco Senior Member

I noticed in the link a set of western wings installed, if any of you did this was it a direct bolt on or did it require mods, the western wings seem to give it a more box plow effect,
    also did the marriage of the two brands cause some inexplicable earth shattering act of god to completely destroy the plow and truck LOL
  5. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

I've considered getting the Western wings to put on my Boss. I can get them a bit cheaper. But everyone loves the Boss wings, with not one bad thing said about them. I'm still trying to justify spending that much money cause I don't have a lot of accounts yet.

If I try to fab in the Western wings, there will be no welding. I want to make them removeable if need be.

6. pinnacle

pinnacle Junior Member

I had the boss wings put on my 8' superduty last season and was completely amazed on their efficiency. They hold the snow great in their angled position. The plow does lift a little slower and drops hard when they're on. I mainly used them on my commercial lots, however, due to being lazy I use them on most residentials as well. Taking them on and off for traveling and making the switch from residential and commercial gets a dicey on slippery pavement.
  7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

8. jlcf

jlcf Junior Member

Just installed them on a customers 9'2" v. They are awsome. Very sturdy. Heck of alot better than buyers prowings
  9. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

Saves loads of time, very well built. I installed my own but would have them installed next time. I went thru 2 drill bits, and had to cut the rubber to allow for the curb guards, that was a pain in the A@%!!! It takes 15 seconds each to get them out of the truck on on the plow. Although they are heavy, heavy is good in our line of work. I would buy them again because they paid for themselves in half of the snow season. Heck, they could pay for themselves in one snowfall if you have enough accounts.