1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss wings

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Gavins Lawncare, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Gavins Lawncare

Gavins Lawncare Member

new boss wings made my 8ft to a 10ft plow cant wait to use them

wing.JPG

2. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

it looks humungus.. have fun with that thing payup

3. Gavins Lawncare

Gavins Lawncare Member

it almost take awhole lane of traffic up with them on but its cool

4. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

Sweet, I looking at getting some for my poly V. How much did they set you back? if you dont mind me asking

5. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

I got the same ones on my 9.2 poly v and there great. price quote has been every ware between $360 to $740 a pair. Takes about 2 hours to setup providing you have the right tools.

6. Gavins Lawncare

Gavins Lawncare Member

i paid 440 for the pair i disregard the bolts and welded them on seem to a little stronger

7. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Don't you think that might be a little too much for the truck to push??? You're gonna catch a lot of snow with those wings.:confused:

8. Gavins Lawncare

Gavins Lawncare Member

no truck has pushing power my other trucks have wing no problem only 6inches widerpayup

9. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

9.2 V blade is 11' wide with the wings and street tires and don't have any trouble pushing a full blade of snow. I did not weld mine on because it would be to wide on the highway and there are a few sites that the wide blade would not fit that I plow. also in the scoop position the wings add enough weight to the plow the motor has a little trouble lifting the plow. I wouls also sugest that if anyone buys these wings they get an extra set of cutting edges for spairs. although I have not wore mine out yet they do show ware when running curb lines. By the way I realy like them and am getting another set for the other 9.2 V steel blade I have.

10. Gavins Lawncare

Gavins Lawncare Member

i didnt weld them on premant just weld all the brackets on so i can still remove them

11. Razorman

Razorman Senior Member

Looks good, Now all we need is some snow

12. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I really like mine, I put a set of Boss wings on a 8.2V, now it is 9"10'.
    I think they were around $500. They save a lot of time and leave a cleaner job too. I would not worry about the added weight as it's the same motor and pump in the 10ft plow as in the 8ft plow. jmo...

13. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I love mine....they save some real time and I got them for $600:dizzy: