1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss wings.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by R&R Yard Design, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Not a question about the wings as i have them on my plows but more of a helping fact.
    Dirishman on the site and one of the guys that plows for me, has a 7.5 unimount poly western. He has always wanted wings for a long time, with it being poly he was always told by people that he could not to wings on it. I told him that wings would work fine on that plow, when i told him he was telling me there was no way that western wing will work. At that point i asked he why he wanted to use western wings when they are not a good design in my mind. I said why not use boss wings, his comment 'how the hell are you going to use boss wings on a western, are you nuts'. As i say watch me and yes i am nuts

But we did the wings and he could not be happier with the way that it turned out.

All other pics are in the new chicagoland and nw indy 2012-13 weather thread

Any question let me know.

Hope you guy at the boss factory like this for many reasons
    1 your wings are rock solid compared to western
    2 easy to but on, easy as can be on a boss vee that i have and a western also
    3 the build of these are top notch as everything you guys do

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

It's now a bosstern.
  3. 07F-250V10

07F-250V10 Senior Member

I love it! yeah the BOSS wings are far better than the Western. Western should take some notes....
  4. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

My brother and I both added Boss wings to different plows. My brother added them to a Bobcat brand plow and I put some on a Western plow as well. You need to make the necessary adjustments but they will work. Now that being said, that was a while ago, before Western made the wings. Now I run Boss plows with Boss wings and My newer ultramount with the western wings that work well.
  5. greggwim

greggwim Junior Member

I have also added them to my fisher 8'6". V plow this is the best set up