1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss wings & stacking?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by hairygary, Feb 11, 2010.

1. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

I just picked up some boss wings, and was wondering how durable they are for repeated stacking, has anybody had any issues with them bending from stacking large amounts of snow.

I plow a storage facility with my 8-2v. where I make countless passes in scoop and then stack snow at the end, as there is not a whole lot of room to put the snow. I bought the wings to speed up the process up, but I want to make sure I dont bend them in my repeated stacking.

2. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

No issues for me, I stack all the time with mine on.

3. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

The boss wings are pretty damn tough. I am pleased how they are holding up. You can stack like a champ with the wings on. Just the added moldboard length helps push it higher.

Simple- BOSS WINGS ROCK!

4. Indy

Indy Senior Member

STack away.....they can handle it.

Kind of a nice side feature is that the leading edge is hard rubber........so if you find a parking block or a curb, the rubber reacts better than metal.

You will put them on and leave them on.......

good luck:salute:

5. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

thanks for the replies guys, I feel a little better about my purchase. I happened to find a 7-6 standard duty with boss wings which were like brand new for $1500. so I'm gonna put the wings on my V and use this plow as a back up for this year, and add another truck next year for the plow, or sell it in the fall.

6. DScapes

DScapes Member

with the boss wings attached, how will my 7'6" standard duty be affected by its tripping motion forward... I feel like when my plow trips now, i can still scrape a little bit before i have to back track and try again on icy patches...

with the wings on, wont the forward motion of the plow raise the cutting edge with all the pressure on the corners of the wings?

is it worth putting wings on a standard duty or should I pony up and get a new heavy duty str8 or a V?

7. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

I really cant say, I bought the plow, just for the wings to put on my v-plow and to have the standard duty for my other truck. I have only used the standard duty without the wings to plow my driveway.

8. DRIFTER92

DRIFTER92 Senior Member

I looked into a set of them for my 9-2 Poly VXT - $650... If i weren't a sub i MIGHT pay that. What are the prices out there for these, what quotes have you guys gotten for them? Looked into a generic set but wasn't very impressed. Anyone making these aftermarket? If i could find a set i could copy and build them myself this summer. Im also going to build some back-drag edges for it also when i get time.

9. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

That a good price. The xt wings are more than the standard size. The Boss wings are the best in business as far as strength and durablity. A good comparison would be a set of hand tools; you could buy a cheap set from K-mart and they will work. Use them often and they fall apart. Buy a set of craftsman or snap-on and pay good money for them, but use them forever. Especially in our business where down time is not an option.
    I put boss wings on my 8' poly, my 8' skid steer blade, and I just had a set tweeked to fit my western pro 8'.
    good luck

10. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

I want to invest in some wings for my 8.2 XT. I also do some mini storage and its always a PITA!

11. Indy

Indy Senior Member

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=61125

You may like the link above