1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss wings q's

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Onebadbowtie86, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Onebadbowtie86

Onebadbowtie86 Senior Member

well, ive really been looking at the boss wings for my 7.5' boss std duty on my 1/2 ton, my plow is a new plow, so its already drilled for them. im wondering how these things hold up? how durable will the be hanging off the side of my plow? i also just realized the cutting edges are rubber and wonder how they cut/clean up? thanks in advance guys, i can get a set from my dealer for 600 bucks new, so im considering it. im wondering if it will look goofy though, as i have a steel blade, and these are poly.....
  2. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

Heres my advice for you. Cut the check and get moving on the install! Boss wings are tough and make your plow way more efficient. They look great, install easy and give you a huge advantage. GO FOR IT!

In several cases in my smaller accounts, ir can save 40% of time. Small tight lots and drives is where the difference really adds up. They asowindrow way better.
  3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I have them and like them but i'm starting to have a problem with them slowing tweaking backwards at the bottom and leaving a gap of about an 1" between the cutting edge of the plow and the cutting edge of the wings. They are 3 years old and i've used the piss outta them though.
  4. Onebadbowtie86

Onebadbowtie86 Senior Member

how do the rubber cutting edges cut?
  5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Good, sometimes better than the steel.
  6. boonman

boonman Junior Member

Check the mounts where they are bolted to the ribs of the plow. They will over time "slip", especially if you drilled the holes larger than the hardware. Loosen the bolts, re-align the tabs, and go push some more snow.
  7. beezman

beezman Junior Member
    from Ohio

My question to you is not how well the wings will hold up but if the f150 will take the wings with the extra two feet of width