1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Wings/Prowings/Turkey wings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by polarplowing, Nov 16, 2005.

1. polarplowing

polarplowing Member

I have been looking at buying wings for my boss steel straight blade for a couple of weeks now, and am confused on which ones are better. I plow half of my contracts that are residential and the other half medium sized commercial lots. I just need something to reduce trail off and allow me to push lots of snow forward and not to the side. I like the new boss wings but are very expensive, i don't like the prowings, they look to weak and possibly not enough angle to hold snow it blade, and I cannot find any info. on turkey wings. any help would help me greatly. Thanks for your help.

2. Laughterman

Laughterman Junior Member

I faced the same decision. The BOSS wings are nice with a 30 degree forward angle and the prowings only have a 22 degree angle. The price difference made me look very hard at the prowings before I bought. I ended up with prowings and they work just fine. At first I didn't like the way they looked but I got used to them (and my wife liked the fact I didn't spend the extra $400). I haven't had much trail off with the prowings as I thought I might. They are plenty sturdy for 95% of the snow we see. It all boils down to what you think will work for you. I am happy with the decision I made.

3. danno

danno Senior Member

What did you install them on ?

4. Laughterman

BOSS 7'6" Steel

5. polarplowing

polarplowing Member

just ordered prowings

just ordered a set of prowings, i think they should work out good, thanks for the info.

6. danno

danno Senior Member

I`ve been hearing from other "plowers" that the PRO WINGS bend back when stacking snow.:rolleyes:

7. Laughterman

It hasn't happened to me as of yet. They seem to help, able to keep more snow in front of the plow as you are pushing up the pile.