1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Wings or Pro Wings??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Miller1155, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Miller1155

Miller1155 Junior Member

Are the BOSS wings worth the extra money compared to the Pro Wings? $800 vs $200
  2. haysaver

haysaver Junior Member

YES. Had pro wings on my last plow and they were ok. Wanted wings on my new Boss and like you had a hard time with the cost. We just had our first snow for this season and no question I made the right decission going with the Boss wings. They are VERY NICE.
  3. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I decided to just bite the bullet and get them. I've run them a few times now and really can't get over the difference. It didn't take long getting used to them though, because whenever I plow without them I feel like I'm running a mini plow...it's 9'2" w/o wings. I just sold all of my pro wings, they have their application & are better than nothing, but I wasn't about to demoralize my plow w/ those things. If you put them side by side...it's kinda funny.
  4. dodgeboy06

dodgeboy06 Member

I too had been running the pro wings for the last few years. Over the summer I upgraded plows and got one that came with the Boss wings. I totally agree with the others that have already posted that in as much as it might seem that you can save a few dollars going with the pro wings, the Boss wings are well worth their cost (says the guy that didn't pay full retail for them, included with the plow). They go on and off super quick, just align the tube with the brackets, slide them in, pull the spring loaded pin to lock them in and away you go. No more messing around with the three clips for each wing each time you take them on and off..... I would definitely recommend Boss wings all day long.
  5. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Were these enough testimonials? If not I'll add my opinion; no comparison. I've used both and the Boss wings win hands down. Spend the money!
  6. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

One last thing...I plow a lot of isle ways that are 75-100+ yards long. Ya know how frustrating it is when your in a hurry and every fool pulling into the lot decides to take a drive past you, as opposed to taking another direction (like rubber neckers slowing down past an accident on the freeway)? When I see them coming from 75 yards away, contemplating which way to turn...I just open up the plow wide and they usually turn off now, well before they reach me (just an added bonus when dealing w/ the stupid).
  7. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

No comparison they will pay for the diference in no time just by how much more effiecient they are.
  8. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I have a set of BOSS wings for sale....they're brand new.
  9. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

I seen them and I think it's a good deal. I wish I had s need for them right now.