1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss wings on Hiniker?

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Snowzilla, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

Have a 7.5 straight blade. Want to increase efficiency. I am aware of the Buyer's universal wings & the Hiniker box ends, which I am still considering. But looking around I wondered if anyone has ever attempted to make the Boss wings work on a Hiniker. Not sure about the the height & curvature but it almost looks workable from the photos.

BossWings.JPG

2. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

Hiniker box ends

Anybody that have the Hiniker brand box ends, likes/dislikes? Do you leave them on or are they counter productive when angling the plow? The Boss wings are an expensive gamble@$700 if they don't fit.

3. cole22

cole22 Senior Member

If it were me, I would just make something! Or if you can't I'm sure you know someone that can fab something up. Use the search on here and look at what other people have made and done. But I would just make something! That's just me!

4. timtpa

timtpa Member

I really like the box ends! I leave them on 95% of the time. They are excellent with up to 6-8 inches, then i will take driver side off for windrowing. You can leave them on while windrowing, but not as effective. In my opinion, they are great. If you are in a part of the country where you get a ton of snow at one time ie; 18 inches, that would be a lot of snow to push with box ends! Sorry. Feel free to pm me. My kids are driving me crazy with christmas present assembly! Hope this helps! Tim

5. timtpa

timtpa Member

OK! Sorry, my kids were driving me crazy! Anyway, here in central Indiana we have a lot of 2-6 inch snows and the boe box ends are awesome. Probably the best snow related investment I have made in a while. I have used them on a few 8-10 inch snows and they still work great, but the more snow you have the harder they are to use!
    I have also used different hardware than what Hiniker provided. The hardware that came with the box ends allowed a little bit a gapping between the end of the plow and where the box ends attatch. I have attatched mine to fit a lot tighter and it has elliminated the "strips" that would form on each side especially during backdragging.A trip to Lowes or any hardware store will cure this problem.
    I purchased mine from a former Hiniker dealer just outside of Indianapolis for like $175 which is far less than I have seen them advertised. I have a reply to a wing/box end question that has info and a phone # for the dealer that was blowing these out! If you cant find it in the Hiniker furum let me know and I will get the info for you.
    I love the box ends! They allow me to get parking lots and driveways super clean with less effort. Please PM me if you have any questions!
    Tim