1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Wings on 7'6?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by snowremoval4les, Nov 18, 2012.

1. snowremoval4les

snowremoval4les Member

Thinking about installing a pair of boss wings on my 7'6 standard duty. How much weight will the wings add to the plow? Heres a few pictures of the plow. Just looking to increase productivity a little!ussmileyflag

IMAG0236.jpg

IMAG0267.jpg

2. H20-32

H20-32 Member

Boss Wings

The Boss wings won't work on the std duty blade, sorry.

3. snowremoval4les

snowremoval4les Member

They actually do, did my research and it's older model standard duties they don't fit on. Just bought them tonight!

4. H20-32

H20-32 Member

Wings

The std blade is only 27" tall, the wings are set up for 29" and up I thought. Once you use them you will wonder how did you plow without them, and why so many people are missing the bus.

5. snowremoval4les

snowremoval4les Member

Are you saying I will like them?? Or not like them

6. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

he's saying you'll have a woody you like them so much. if you plow snow seriously and you don't run wings, your an idiot.

7. snowremoval4les

snowremoval4les Member

Installed!

Happy Thanksgiving! After 6 hours of hard work, staying up till 2 in the morning and waking up at 8 thanksgiving day to finish them, they're done! Now just need the snow to fall here in Nebraska. ussmileyflag

wings1.JPG

wings3.JPG

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  8. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

Looks sexy!

9. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

You'll love them.

10. snowremoval4les

snowremoval4les Member

Thanks guys! Really looking forward to using them

11. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

Hey isn't it like illegal to put a plow on a newer F-150!?!?!!!

12. snowremoval4les

snowremoval4les Member

Not at all! And that's not new Oxmow, should I take that as a compliment that it still looks good? Haha it's an 04 and those allocations with wiring and everything is on the newer ones, (I thinks, from all the posts I've read on here about them

13. Nickymaggs

Nickymaggs Junior Member
    from PA

I have a standard duty poly plow. 3 years old and was thinking about buying wings for it. I was told they would not fit. looking at your pictures they look good. Was there any fabrication you had to do or did they bolt on? Thanks

14. snowremoval4les

snowremoval4les Member

They will fit. I was told they wouldnt fit to by one of the BOSS dealers here in Omaha. Contacted BOSS directly and the lady sent me the installation instructions and the first plow listed is the standard duty. Check to see if you have the pre fabricated holes from the factory. How old is your plow? PM me with more info or questions! :salute:

15. Nickymaggs

Nickymaggs Junior Member
    from PA

Here is side view of my plow. it is 3 years old.

20121124161414.jpg

16. snowremoval4les

snowremoval4les Member

Yeah! You can add the wings to your plow if you wanted to. The main thing that I had trouble with was I have the deflector on, and one of the brackets was not fitting correctly over top the deflector so i had to do some cutting but i made it work. It doesnt look like you have a deflector so you should be set!

17. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping Senior Member

plow looks great! id love to add one to my 1500 if I had the work for it

18. Nickymaggs

Nickymaggs Junior Member
    from PA

Good deal that just made my day. Went to order them this morning an was told they would not fit. Figure somone on here would know for sure. Going to orer them Monday. Thanks for the help. :mechanic:

19. snowremoval4les

snowremoval4les Member

Thanks McG. The Wings are a great addition

Yeah I had a dealer here tell me they wouldnt fit and I was very tempted to call back to the guy and be like hey man your an idiot they do fit on the standard duty and you just lost about 850 bucks of my business. It just irritated me i had barely finished asking Can i get BOSS wings for my 7'6 Std duty and he was like nope nope they dont make them! :mad: Wasnt very happy! So i sat down did my research and now i'm happy, and they're installed! Thumbs Up
    you can PM me anytime if you need any help installing once you buy them! Your going to love them

20. Gr8WhiteNorth

Gr8WhiteNorth Senior Member

So do you guys plan on increasing your hourly rate now that you will be more productive?