1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Wings on 7'6 straight blade not going on?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jmckee2, Jan 7, 2011.

1. jmckee2

jmckee2 Junior Member

I have a 2010 Boss 7'6 standard duty plow and just bought some used boss wings. The wings were on a 8'2 v plow, non vxt. Wondering if they should bolt right up because I mounted the 2 brackets on each side where the tube slides in without a problem and my plow had those holes pre-drilled. The issue is with the top bracket, my plow doesn't have the 2 holes pre-drilled on the top but there is the one for the single side bolt. If I hold everything in place, the hole on the wing for the slide bolt to click in, is off by 1/2" or so. Any idea if these wings should be universal and what I'm missing. If pictures will help, I can take a few. Thanks

2. White Knight

White Knight Member

Is the top bracket one piece or two?

3. jmckee2

jmckee2 Junior Member

It's one piece that looks like it mounts on the plow but I did notice that it looks like there's a bracket missing on the top of the wing?

4. White Knight

White Knight Member

Attached Files:

5. jmckee2

jmckee2 Junior Member

Thanks for the information, it does look like I have everything, will go over it again tomorrow. Thanks for your time.

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

There's a guy around here that has them on his truck and I think he had to drill a new hole for the pin to go into on the wing. The wings are taller than his plow.

7. jmckee2

jmckee2 Junior Member

after reading install directions, it mentions that you install the spring pin base plate to plow and then the spring pin bracket to base plate. I only have the bracket with no base plate, is this what you were referring to about 08+ models being a one piece vs. the 2 piece?

8. White Knight

White Knight Member

9. jmckee2

jmckee2 Junior Member

white knight - got them on and plowed Saturday with them, love em. The key was to not tighten brackets until you get wings in place, I did have to ream out the hole a bit for the pin to go through, but all in all, good to go. Thanks for your help

10. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Put a pin in the hole where the bracket goes through the wing, if you catch a curb this will keep the pressure from pulling everything apart.

A dollar well spent.

good luck with them.
    Mike

11. az landscaping

az landscaping Member
    from mass

I have a 7.5' boss and a 8' boss and one is taller than the other that could be the broblem.