1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Wings Mounted/ sand salt bin

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MJM Landscaping, Dec 6, 2009.

1. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

He are some close up pics of how they mount. And by the way if you have a boss you need these wings. First time out last night I shaved off prolly 20 minutes off a lot that usually takes 45. These things are awesome, no moving parts and its 11 feet wide.

DSCN1107.jpg

DSCN1108.jpg

DSCN1109.jpg

DSCN1110.jpg

2. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

The one pic shows how you pull the pin and rotate the wing back to clear a set pin then remove the wing.

3. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

Here are some pics of my sand salt bin and cover I built. I dont have any finished ones yet.

DSCN1084.jpg

DSCN1085.jpg

DSCN1087.jpg

4. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

Looks good!! Do you yank the wings off for transport to sites?

5. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

I didnt last night. I have to keep the wings forward a little so they dont hit the ground. Its wide as the snowbacks creep in on the roads I might have too.

6. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

what the chances of getting a picture with the wings on the plow and the plow in the scoop position? would like to see that. Maybe an overhead view?!?

7. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

Just snapped these not the greatest, ive been up since midnight.:confused:

DSCN1111.jpg

DSCN1112.jpg

DSCN1113.jpg

DSCN1115.jpg

8. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

awesome pics, rigs look awesome ...

9. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

How many of those blocks did you use and how much does that that hold 25 tons?

10. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

I used 26 blocks should hold about 18 yards stuffed. I live less than 1/2 mile from the sand pit where I buy the sand and I get the salt off my buddy so I just make it as I need it. I made just to always have some on hand and nmot have to wait for the yards to open.

11. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

can you get some more pictures of how the sides are anchored down to the concrete?

thanks

12. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

i used the the style that you drill into the blocks, insert the stud and tighen down the bolt. It worked mint.

13. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

Hey MJM nice trucks! I see you around town are you out of the Portland area? I usally see your equipment in Scarborough.

14. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

I do most of my work in Gorham, I got a couple high end places down on the ocean in saco must be where you've seen me

15. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

No just this past summer seen you going down rt.1 and Have passed you on Broadturn Rd. all this pass summer. Wow im nearly stomping in your territory! You might recognize the area in the pics i posted earlier!

16. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

thanks for taking those pictures! might have to get me some this week. too bad they prolly wont get here before our blizzard on wednesday...

17. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

good luckin plow set up :drinkup:

18. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

It appears that you cut your curb guards off, rather than notch out the inside bottom rubber edge, to order to get your wings to fit on the new-style cutting edges,... any pros/cons as to why you decided to do it that way? I'm gonna put the new style edges on my 9.2 too now for the first time,... so I'm not sure which way is the best action to take,... wish my plow still looked that nice,... :waving:

19. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

I actually notched the curb guards and then cut a little bit of the rubber on the wings. I wanted to keep the guards for when I take the wings off (dont know if I even will but for the money of the edges id rather keep them). If you look close the ends of the rubber flaps actually are off the ground a bit but with snow pushing on them it scrapes even. I didnt want to cut the rubber to close to the mounting wholes. BTW I don't know how I ever plowed without these. :D

20. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

Oh ya Alaska Boss, did you have to tighten your trip springs when you put your wings on, mine wants to trip down when you lift in scoop. It seems like my springs should be a little tighter, also I think I need to lower the drop speed.