1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss wings don't touch the ground!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mowit, Feb 13, 2015.

1. mowit

mowit Junior Member
    from Toronto

Just (literally) picked up my 8'2 poly V after getting my wings installed. The scraper of the wing dosent touch the ground!! I asked the installer and he said that it is normal. Pretty much defeats the purpose of the wings! Im hoping that they were installed incorrectly. Any insight would be really appreciated.
  2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

3. mnguy

mnguy Member

Mine touch the rubber should wear to the blade.
  4. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

5. boss2013

boss2013 Junior Member

Loosen the bolts that go through the wing wear edge drop your plow. Then tighten them up, very tight. While loose make sure they touch the ground
  6. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

Yes, they are adjustable, too low and they will chatter. I like them just slightly higher than the edge so they can start to wear together.
  7. mowit

mowit Junior Member
    from Toronto

Ok I'll try that thanks. Does it matter that I have the curb guard cutting edge on the plow? All the images I have seen of the wings installed have the regular cutting edge?
  8. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

They should hit the ground. I cut my curb guards off as I don't take the wings off much. This will give a better fit.
  9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

there is an adjustment wedge at the pivot to deal with that. Read the manuals, they explain how to adjust it.

I'd find a dealer that understood the product. Doesn't matter how well built and designed you plow is if the nimrod that installs it doesn't know the products features or how to properly set up an installation, it's a worthless chunk of steel.
  10. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Exactly why I wanted to see pics...to see how the dealer f'd up the install.