1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Wing Installation ASAP HELP

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by NBI Lawn, Nov 25, 2014.

1. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Trying to help a friend install wings on a 8'6" steel super duty. Starting to think we have the wrong kit. Pics would help huge! Can't figure out the uppers.

2. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

[​IMG]

Like these? I put them on this fall, holes were already in the plow. I put some on a pre 06 V plow and there were not holes. The instructions were not to good but they worked.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  3. NBI Lawn

Yes like those. We determined we have a mismarked box. The kit we have is for a DXT/VXT. The wings look right but mounting hardware is wrong.

4. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

That would be a big problem......

5. NBI Lawn

They weren't too far off and we could have gotten them to work I think. If they were used and he didn't care about drilling a few holes I think they would have gone on. The wings themselves were right but the upper bracket was wrong.

6. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

The mold boards on DXT/VXT's are much taller than a Super Duty and so and the wings.....:confused:

7. NBI Lawn

They sent the correct wings but wrong mounting hardware.

8. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Ok now I understand