1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss wing inop.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by intimidator, Dec 28, 2001.

1. intimidator

intimidator Member

I tried to do a search on this, but couldn't find anything. Heres the scoop, 8'2" boss v on a 99 superduty ford. The right wing won't move once in a while, no clicking, no motor running, no nothing. Checked and cleaned all solenoid connections and made sure everything was plugged in all the way and everything looked good. Also once in a while after sitting for a couple days, when you try to move the blade, the pump runs, but it takes a few seconds for anything to start moving (up,down or angling). Checked fluid level and it was full. Thanks in advance for any help.

Jason
    p.s. 51 days til Daytona 500

2. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

did you check the fluid with the plow up and wings extended out.... if you check it veed back and down you will get a false reading....

3. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy Member

i dont have any answers for your question about the boss, but i cant wait another 51 days till daytona.. need my NASCAR fix now...guess ill go replay an old race on tape

4. sledhead

sledhead Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, But if you check the fluid level with all cylinders extended and find it low then add fluid, where is all the fluid from the extended cylinders going to go?

Sledhead

ps looking for Bristol, Watkins Glen, and Charlott tickets.
    6 for each race.
    #3 race in peace.

5. Randy Scott

Randy Scott Senior Member

BOSS v's are to be checked v'eed all the way back and plow down. Basically the same position it is to be disconnected.

6. sledhead

sledhead Member

Thats what I thought.
    Ceaman, You should not be giving advice unless you have your facts right.

Sledhead

7. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

Jason,
    When you find out what the problem is I would greatly appreciate knowing as I just order the same Boss plow for a new truck. It will be installed ina few days.

Thanks!

8. intimidator

intimidator Member

No offense, but I've figured out how to check and add fluid, anybody have any ideas on the wing not moving when everything else works fine. Possible solenoid or touch pad problem?

By the way Sledhead, I am a nascar fan. Not as faithful as I used to be after this years Daytona 500 though.

Jason

p.s. 49 days til Daytona
    5 days til the Huskers are national champs

Last edited: Dec 30, 2001
  9. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

My boss owners manual says that the most possible cause of your problem is low fluid..... there may be other ways of checking the fluid and I wasnt doubting your ability. my owners manual however says to check flfluid levels with the plow up and wings out or may cause undesireable operation...