1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss wing help

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by qualitylawn, Nov 1, 2009.

1. qualitylawn

qualitylawn Senior Member

I picked up a set of boss plow wings from a dealer while in louisville for the lawn show.it poured rain on the way home.taking care of the directions. I think i have them figured out . Id like to see a pic of some installed back view.and do u have to use the plate that goes on the end of the tube? How does the spring latch at the top? And can i still use a snow deflector? Thanks for any help!
  2. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

If the link works, it'll show pics of my wings when I installed them.
    I dont have a pic of the snow deflector installed, but I had to trim it a little and mounted it over the bracket with existing bolts.
  3. qualitylawn

qualitylawn Senior Member

hey thanks alot! will i have to file off some of the wing at the top? to get it to go together right?
  4. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

If you don't have the paper template for marking the brackets holes, just set the wing next to the end of the plow with the brackets slid onto the tube in the proper place & trace your hole marks using the brackets themselves. If windrowing driveways & roads are more than an occasional part of your plow jobs, then you don't want your deflector going all the way out to the end of your plow anyway,... as the deflector will impede your plow's ability to throw snow up & over your banks, especially once your snowbanks are significantly higher than your plow. The only custom-fit work required, is if you have the new-style cutting edges with the wrap-around curb guards,... you'll either have to take a torch & whack off the curb guards, or notch the rubber on the bottom/inside part of the wing,... and you'll also have to modify the blade guides/mounting bolts somewhat if you want to keep a guide on both plow & wing at all times,... :salute:

Side wing in action (Small).JPG

Showing wing & wiper (Small).JPG
  5. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

I welded a small tab on top of each bracket so I could keep the markers on the plow. I didn't want markers on the wings. As for filing? Mine fit very good with no other modifications. Just make sure to get holes drilled in correct spot, Unless you have a newer plow and all the holes are pre-drilled which is super easy. I used vise-grip pliers to hold wings in place while marking holes for brackets. I have the template paper, but that was still kinda pain to use.