1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Warranty

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jmrgnr, Oct 18, 2009.

1. jmrgnr

jmrgnr Junior Member

If I am to buy a Boss Plow from ESI but install it myself does that void my warranty? Or do I have to buy and have the plow installed from a local distributor to have the warranty recognized? I am in a dilema because my local dealer refuses to install the plow if I don't buy it from him but his prices are close to $1800 (Canadian) more than ESI's ....not sure what to do.
  2. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Call Boss directly and ask them...........
  3. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Installing yourself will NOT void your warranty that Im aware of.
  4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Just ship Jim out with the plow and have him install it for you :cool:
  5. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Trust me....he wouldnt want that LOL....def mess up his warranty if I install it myself. Now perhaps if we ship James out with it :)
  6. jmrgnr

jmrgnr Junior Member

on Boss's website it says 2 years warranty on plow and installation. I suppose if a dealer doesn't install they can't warranty that. Has any one had trouble getting warranty stuff dealt with when they have installed there own plow....or had someone else other than an official dealer? I have also sent an email detailing my dilema to Boss....no response as of yet. I definetly leaning towards ESI as they have been very responsive when I have contacted them....my local guy has been rather hostile cuz I'm not buying from him...and told me he would not install the plow if i do not buy from him as he will lose money. How can a shop lose money on the install of a plow when they are charging $750. I'm not impressed.
  7. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like your local guy is a clown. the install costs him next to nothin considering everything is included with the plow. may cost him a drill bit and some zips ties, possibly a couple of electrical fittings. if it takes him more then 5-6 hours being a professional hes kind of a clown id say. last time i checked you dont lose money making over 100 dollars an hour.
  8. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Hi, this is Al, I am the owner of ESI trucks(using Jims computer), installing the plow yourself WILL NOT void your warranty.Also, your local dealer is obligated to honor warranty no matter where the plow was purchased. As soon as you receive your plow go online to the BOSS website and register your plow with them. If you would like we can register it before it leaves here, we will make sure Laurie at Boss gets it.
    Thanks AL
  9. jmrgnr

jmrgnr Junior Member

Thank you Al and Jim...your customer service is noticed and appreciated..
  10. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Al, unfortunately, this isn't the way most dealers operate. Irreguardless of what they sell...Boss, Fisher, Western, Ford, GMC, Chevy, Dodge, etc, etc, etc. I have found it to be a rare occurance where a dealer is willing to honor warranty matters on products purchased elsewhere. While they may "say" they do, most either do not at all, or do so in such delayed time, that it's not worth taking it to them in the first place.
  11. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

I am amazed Boss doesn't step in to protect their respective dealers territories for complete plow purchases. With such a great manufacturing reputation, you would think they would have more respect for their dealers... Just my $.02
  12. jmrgnr

jmrgnr Junior Member

I may agree if the prices were standardized. But if I can easily go elsewhere for such a huge discount what is my advantage as a consumer....the hope of customer service and warranty work when required. Its like insurance....its great to have until you need the insurance companies help.
  13. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

I take it your local Boss Dealer is unwilling to be at least competitive, which is a shame as they should still have an interest in maintaining you as a customer. Our local Boss Dealer probably cannot, nor will not match the pricing from ESI since they are in business to make a profit. They do however provide extremely competitive pricing and follow up with exceptional service and parts availability along with fantastic knowledge of their product. I would say approach your dealer and see if there is a way for you 2 to strike a happy medium...