1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss VXT with wings skipping when plowing

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Rain Man, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Rain Man

Rain Man Senior Member

I have a brand new VXT with Boss wings. Sometimes when I plow the plow skips and jumps around so bad at times I have to stop and drive real slow for it to stop. It does not do this all the time. Does anyone know how to fix this. Also does anyone think it would be worth it to get some cutting edges for the wings made out of metal?
    2010-12-07 11.00.04.jpg

2010-12-07 11.00.04.jpg

2. georgerk82

georgerk82 Senior Member
    from OHIO

Mine did the same thing the first couple times I used it. It stopped after I wore the rubber down a little. Ive also thought of putting metal edges on mine because Ive worn the rubber edges off from scrapping curbs, but the metal could damage the plow because it does not give and the wings are pretty wide so thats alot of leverage on the undercarrage.

3. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

Hey that is a very nice looking set up you have there! Plow looks awesome with those wings on there .
    I have no idea what is up with the jumping up and down but I tryed out a friends new 2011 GMC 2500 HD with the exact same plow you have [no wings] and I was amazed how easy it jumped all over the place and really felt like the plow weighed alot less than it really does ???? I commented on this and some Boss guys say it is an adjustment issue ????
    You are going to get a lot of "looks" at that bad boy coming down the road .............................

4. Rain Man

Rain Man Senior Member

The plow works fine without the wings, it only does it sometimes with the wings!!

5. georgerk82

georgerk82 Senior Member
    from OHIO

It will hop worse the more you plow without the wings because the cutting edges are not wearing at the same rate.

6. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

^yep, when it skips it means that the wings poly edges are riding more than the plow edges.

on our plows our plow edges are worn enough that i cant adjust the wing edges any higher, so i bought a new set of edges for our vxt that have gotten pretty worn. the wings are going to be on that plow constantly so with the new edges it will wear together evenly.

7. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Just the wings need to be on it as much as possible to let the wear with the plow cutting edge. Good looking set up you have!!

8. Rain Man

Rain Man Senior Member

Thanks! I think I'm going to adjust the wing edges so they are match the plows cutting edge.