1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss VXT - wing speed in scoop

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Mopard, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Just had the new Boss VXT 9'2" installed and when the wings are all the way back in the V position I noticed that when I push both buttons (Smart touch 2) to go to scoop, the right (passenger side) wing moves a lot slower than the left wing. It's almost like the right wing hesitates then moves slowly. It moves just as fast as the left wing though if I move it independantly. The only time I seem to have this problem is when I try to move both of the wings to scoop together. Is this considered normal?
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

When you move each wing independently, do they move at the same speed?

I'm quite sure what you are noticing is perfectly normal. Sometimes one side of the XV is faster than the other, other times there is no difference.

Is your center pin greased?
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's normal and common on all the brands due to the priority hydro circuitry in the valve manifolds. If you search around a little you'll see this is asked at least once or twice every season so you're not alone in asking.
  4. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Thanks guys. I did mention that the right wing moves just as fast when moved independantly and yes the center pin is well greased. Both wings fall back to V at pretty much the same speed so it must be a hydraulic "quirk".
    I did do a bit of a search but wasn't getting anywhere ... I guess my wording could have been better ... but thanks for acknowledging I wasn't the first to ask this question.
    This is my first Boss V but there are plenty around and I've never noticed it this bad before ... I mean my right wing is REAL slow when toggling to scoop from full V ... like it's getting barely any pressure at all.

I have also seen many vids where the "other brands" wings move pretty much at the same speed when going to scoop ... even the Boss vids I've seen show this. I'll have to pull over some other Boss V owners around here and compare I guess. My right wing is soooo slow going to scoop ... I hope it is not normal.
  5. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Just an update ... after a good workout the wings are now moving to scoop at about the same speed. The right wing is still a little slower getting started but it catches up so they both meet at full scoop at about the same time now. The right wing was brutally slow at first but all seems ok now.