1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss VXT wing durability

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by wisco-revi, Sep 29, 2011.

Tags:
  1. wisco-revi

wisco-revi Junior Member

Has anyone had issues with VXT Wing durability?

2. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Yes, they are too strong, knocked a mailbox down with mine last yr.......

3. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

LOL, Any other issues...like getting pulled over while driving w/ them on. I'm getting ready to install mine.

They are quite beefy, not much extra room in the truck for storage.

4. Earthscapes

from WNY

Nope never got pulled over. Should of though when I had em mounted on the 9'2 vee, that thing was wide. Now I just run em on the 8'2 vee & 7.6 straight blade. The 8'2 is still pretty wide, but not crazy like the 9'2 was.

BTW- don't try going in the bank drive through with em on.......You get stuck pretty easy lol

5. hiranger

hiranger Member

I plow pretty aggressively and just barely tweeked one of the wings... Had them mounted on a 9 ft straight.. Very wide .. never got pulled over but sure got crazy looks!!!!

6. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

Awesome visual poped up :laughing:

7. wisco-revi

wisco-revi Junior Member

does anyone have a video plowing with their wings on a vxt?

8. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

the VXT wings are not the same wings as the straight plows... so you guys are saying your switching wings between a super duty 7'6-9 footer and a vxt v plow? ok

same goes for wings as the blade wing of the v plow itself, plow with V towards the truck and if you hit something, just folds it back.

plow in scoop mode and clip something like a curb good and your gonna pay the price, wings or no wings!:mechanic:

9. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

Either search here or youtube for 06 f350 clearing a lot.. there is a f350 with a 9.2 boss on a vxt

10. Earthscapes

from WNY

Did I ever say I was switching wings from 1 plow to the next ?
    I have a set of wings for each of my plows.
    The 8'2" is a VXT, the other 2 (9'2"V & 7'6" straight) are standard height.

11. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

heres a link to one of our vids we made last year:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-72IX9fFUI

haven't had any issues with ours. Make sure your plow has new or close to new edges or else you won't be able to adjust the wing edges enough to match and it will plow unevenly.