1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss vxt problem / slop

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by sagent, Nov 6, 2012.

1. sagent

sagent Junior Member

I have a two year old Vxt that seems to me, has a lot of play in the area of the horizontal hinge pin. It appears the black a-frame part of the plow is rubbing on the red part as per attached photo. With the plow off the truck, I can grab where the plow mounts to the truck and move it to the left or right- seems like too much play. I brought it to the dealer last year and they tightened something up but got bad again after a month or so. Warranty will be up in about 2 weeks so I will be bringing to the dealer to have it gone through. Is this normal with the plows ?

092.jpg

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The pushframe will rub on the center section, because there's nothing to hold it "centered" in the OEM design, it is the stop basically. You'll see it more on plows that have the horizontal pin properly greased (which is a good thing) since it allows the CS to slide around more on the pin. I normally add a large flat washer on each side of the pushframe during install to take up the slack and keep the pushframe away from the CS.

It's one of those small things, while not really an issue per say Boss should have touched up a long time ago personally speaking.

3. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

You have to wonder if those in your area B&B that have their plows installed by you have any idea how fortunate they are. There are few that can even follow instructions and install these things as intended by the engineers that designed them, let alone go the extra mile.
    Kudos man! :salute:

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Some do and some don't. Many small "upgrades" (so to speak) are simply done as a preventative approach to make our job easier later and nothing is mentioned. Some of the more costly things, yes it has to be an upsale first. So they're informed on those but the small things are simply done without explanation in most cases. For example...

Upgrading power cables and adding Anderson connectors right out of the gate, adding grease fittings (where they should already be) or replacing the OEM motor solenoid with a good Trombetta all have to be upsold options due to cost of time/materials obviously. But adding washers here and there, tightening pivot points, lubricating everything well during assembly, and disassembling new plow lamps to lubricate all screws threaded into anything plastic (so they don't break off later) is simply done on an automatic basis and not usually mentioned. So yeah some don't even know how well they're taken care of. But either way the peace of mind knowing it went out the door better than it came out of the box is what matters to me.