1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss vxt hoses

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by CSLC, Sep 7, 2012.

1. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

Anyone having issues with the hoses rubbing on the plow itself and causing hoses to fail prematurely? Any ideas what I can do to fix this?
  2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

John Deere makes hose guards that are quite beefy but also a little pricey.You can just cut some rubber strips from coolant hoses,conveyor belting,etc. and wire tie them over your hyd. lines.There also is a type of armor-tec type sleeve that you can use or even the old fashioned slinky type hose protector.
  3. Diesel Bob

Diesel Bob Member

I added some hose from the hardware store (fuel or coolant hose), buy a size that when you cut it open you can wrap it around your hydraulic hose and then zip tie it on.
  4. bossman34

bossman34 Member

The easy and cheap way is to cover it all in split loom, I did and it has worked great. It also keeps the sun off of them and prevents dry rot.
  5. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

epdm sprayer hose you can get a 10 foot roll pretty decent just cut to length split and zip it
  6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I wrapped mine with old fire hose. There's an old guy on hear that taught me that trick.
  7. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

I'm surprised Boss doesn't supply something for this ... it is a definite problem with the VXTs.
  8. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

9. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

Hose Wrap

I checked with our service department and we do have a hose wrap available. The part number is HYD10728. You can view the part in the BOSS part search: http://www.bossplow.com/support/part-search . I have also attached a photo of the part. Hope this helps!

10. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Yes, a definite problem.
  11. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

Excellent info.
  12. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Yes, helpful info but not so helpful when you buy a brand new VXT and this protective wrap is sitting in Iron City. How much extra would we have to pay to have this necessary part included with a new plow?
  13. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

How about nothing extra? I love Boss plows and have owned and do own them but the pricing is getting out of hand. Including the smart Locks now is nice but the price increases this year are more than the Smart Locks as an option last year. Good try at hiding the yearly increase tho.
  14. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

I think including the Smartlocks as standard equipment was brilliant ... but I need them, as does anyone else that doesn't strictly plow parking lots. Not being able to fully manipulate the wings while backdragging is enough of a penalty but without Smartlocks it is basically useless.
    I doubt protecting the hoses properly from premature failure with a little wrap is going to break the bank for Boss.
    Curious, how much did the price go up for a 9'2" VXT poly in the US? WIth the dollar the way it is I'm finding better deals than what I paid in 2010 here in Canada.