1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss VXT headlight issue

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BennyLumpkin, Jan 21, 2015.

1. BennyLumpkin

BennyLumpkin Junior Member

2011 F450 with the VXT....had the same problem two winters in a row now. Ever since I installed the plow when you have the headlight switch (plow light switchover) and turn the headlights on they go on and right off. If I turn the lights off and back on they work. Odd but no big deal. Once a winter (today being that day with 3-5 coming it decides to give me nothing. Did it's usual blink on and when I turned off and back on I got nothing. Now I have no headlights at all...truck or plow with switch on or off....ideas? Ford dealer says it's a plow issue and Boss dealer says it's a truck issue and I have no lights either way....help! Thanks!

2. CaptainSmokey

CaptainSmokey Senior Member

Check the head light connection( truck side ) where the head light adapters connect to factory headlight harness and head light had this problem a few times bad connection and had to replace .

3. BennyLumpkin

BennyLumpkin Junior Member

Woohooo I have headlights...we'll kinda. Found the adapter and wiggled it and got the truck lights back. The plow lights work but I still have to do the on off once to get them to stay on. Think I need to replace that adapter or something else? It's not a relay sticking because I've changed then out with no change in function.

4. CaptainSmokey

CaptainSmokey Senior Member

I had to replace my adapters 2times now on my 06 dodge. Last time I acctually had to cut and replace one of the plugs on the truck side due to corrosion build up for bad connection. I would say yes repaceing the adapterswould be a good place to start . Glade I was able to give some guidance from having same issue just on a different truck