1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss VXT Adjustment

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by nate456789, Nov 5, 2009.

1. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I have a new VXT and was checking adjustments etc.
    Remeasured the height which is at 15 3/4" which is a little higher than specified for the mount.
    But one thing I noticed is in scoop the outer tips are about 1/4" off the ground.

In straight or V the everything is flush but could stand to be sitting a little more upright and not tilting back toward the truck.

I notice on the instructions that you can add washers to the ?Shoe?
    But I think this is for older versions? I have noticed a couple times that what was written didn't match my set up exactly.
    I do have a rubber piece in the center tower that could be what they are calling the shoe but it has like 4 bolt holes to adjust it. and the rubber piece looks like it could have a wedge effect.
    If this is my adjustment, what it the easiest way to adjust with out taking the plow apart?

Or am I over thinking this and just run it like it is?

Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It needs the center bumper adjusted Nate. And to do so...

1) Attach the plow to the truck.

2) Place wings into the scoop position.

3) Place a block of wood in the center of the plow right under the cutting edges, then lower the plow, letting it come to rest on the wooden block.

4) Remove the bumper stop bolt.

5) Have a helper(s) push down on the wings tips to force the wings down, which will take the tension of the center tower off the bumper stop.

6) Carefully reach down and move the stop forward to where you feel it needs adjusted to and reinstall the bolt.

7) If the wings now lay flat in all blade positions, your done. If not, move the bumper stop until it does.

3. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Hey that worked. Thanks for the instructions. I actually had to use a floor jack under the tower and have my girlfriend stand on the curb guard to get it to trip - not that she is 700ibs or anything - it really didn't take a lot to trip it :)

[​IMG]

4. yardsmith

yardsmith Senior Member

all these years I've had problems with not laying flat-never knew you could adjust it! geeez..........

5. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Wow, I was just going to post this question for my V-XT.

But my problem is the opposite...the center is about 1/4 inch off the ground in scoop. My mount is 15.5 at its lowest setting, but the problem arises when I add my ballast.

Do I just do the opposite and place the block of wood under the tips and push on the center?

6. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

You have to get it to trip to relieve the pressure on the rubber shoe.
    So do it as described to get it to trip then slide the shoe back towards the truck to let the tower sit lower at rest.
    Put your bolt back in and you should be good to go. I believe there are 4 holes to adjust the shoe.
    Put a little fluid film or silicone on the shoe to keep it from squeaking when operating the plow.

7. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

I have been doing some searching about this on my plow and i found this thread.. I know it is old but I was just wondering if it is almost the same for the Power-V poly plows? It looks different than these pictures do for the xt. My wings are a little off the ground while the plow is it scoop mode, and There is a rubber thing with a bolt going through it but it is loose and i can move it back and forth if i trip the plow just a little bit.
    Do i just try moving it and then tighten up the bolt onto the rubber and keep doing this as trial and error to find the right place?

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's the same procedure regardless of poly or steel, yours just has the newest version of the bumper stop. Just be sure to add a dab of thread locker and get the bolt good and snug when you're finished as it's common for guys to lose the bolt and then the bumper pad if not fastened securely.