1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss vs snoway

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Bigb40319, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Bigb40319

Bigb40319 Member

i know the snoways have all these extra options like the wireless remote and down pressure does the boss have the same. also all around boss or snoway do u think is a better plow i have found by me that the boss is a little cheaper thanks for any help you can give me
  2. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

I did alot of reserch before I get my Snow-Way, And I did not find anyone else that offers those opptions.
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I've had a sno-way on a jeep, it worked O.K. on a small vehicle.
    After the first season there were cracks around the ribbing.
    Just Try to shine your lights through the lexan, too much glare and not enough light, so you'll need the plow light option.
    The reason they need down pressure is that the light lexan blade needs all of the help it can get to dig in and not ride over packed snow.
    There a pita to put on, if the truck and plow are not at the same angle it's nothing but a struggelfest.
    So my $.02 is get a Boss or a blizzard,:eek: I don't believe it my self!! I recommend a buzzard!! Well thay are better than a sno-way.:nod:
  4. Bigb40319

Bigb40319 Member

thanks snofarmer i like the blizzards the only problem is no dealers close buy im going to the boss dealer today to talk to the owner see what deal we can work out thanks a lot
  5. snoking

snoking Senior Member

Snow way is the way to go love mine....You can put the 10 footer on a half ton and it pushes it like a dream, only ways 750lbs....awsome
  6. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I don't have any problem mounting my Snoway. 3 pins, 2 electical connections, and 30 seconds and you are done.......

7. Bigb40319

Bigb40319 Member

went around the boss and snoway dealer i guess u can say the 5 year warenty on the snoway sold it. we talked to the owner of the place and when its snowing they are also open 24 7 so thats good. i think i got a good deal for my 2500hd i got a 29 7.6 and for the C4500 i got a 32 10 foot its a monster installed with down pressure and wireless remote 8800 out the door
  8. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

I'm always leery of a company who offerers warranty for that Long , kind of like the 10yr one from Hyundai & KIA why so long? is there a problem with the product?
    The 7.5 sounds to narrow for a 3/4 ton? try to get an 8.? for it.
    Hope you got the plow light option.
    just be careful pushing with the lexan plow. hitting hidden obstacles, ie rocks, pipes, bump stops (concrete parking spot markers,) in your piles as your pushing back the snow banks. The lexan is tough, but it is easer to punch a hole in it, then what? you can't fix it! Hopefully your shop that is open 24/7 has a replacement on the shelf, With a steal one you can patch the hole and weld it. if it ever happens.
    well, hope you have good luck with your new plow:waving:
  9. Bigb40319

Bigb40319 Member

we got the 7.5 to fit down the drive ways in this develpoment we have to do and we went with both stainless steel plows for that reason the lexon just dont seem as strong
  10. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Good deal , going with the steel, Happy plowing:waving: