1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss VS Meyer VS Western

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 32vld, Dec 13, 2015.

1. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Where I live there is only one Boss dealer about 35 minutes away in good weather and no traffic.

Their efit shows I can use a HTX on 2002 Wranglers and 2007 and newer Wranglers. Some reason they left out my 2005. I am going to call their tech services department and ask why.

I like the 7', 26" height at 393 pounds, and stainless steel.

Meyer Drive Pro, 6'8", 22.5" height, 375 lbs, steel. I think the dealer said the 7'6" at 440 lbs would be too heavy.

Western Suburbanite 7'4", 21" height, poly, 270 lbs. I don't like because of the poly and plow maybe to light to back drag clean. I do mostly residential as see the need to back drag well.

I am leaning towards the Meyer 6'8". At 65 lbs more do you guys think the 7'6" plow would be too heavy for the Jeep and would that extra length wind up pushing more snow then the Jeep can handle?

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (TJ long wheel base) 4.0, 6 cyl, 6 speed.

2. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

I don't think any of those plows are suitable for commercial use?

3. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I do residential work. I do not seek commercial properties though two commercials I have are small parking lots 3,500 SF each reached out to me because of their friends recommending me to them.

Thing is I can not afford to up grade from my Wrangler to truck. And the props I do are small and makes a Jeep fit well. The first commercial I got was because their old contractor busted up their coble stone curbing on their 50' x 50' lot.

My jeep can make full circle in that lot. Full size pickups will not be able to even if they were without a plow.

Also dealers will not put on larger plows on my Jeep.

Another thing is my commercials never get hard packed as a convenience store or gas station does. They are not open every day. So when they are closed there are no cars parked there.

Can you name a better plow that will fit on a Wrangler?

4. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Whether doing drives or commercial, it is commercial work you're trying to get out of plows that are not built for the work. They're designed for personal use and the reduced work load associated with home owner use.

Check the Jeep section of the site. Tons of info on what guys are running with all years, makes and model jeeps as well plow brands. Follow some of the plans there and get a plow designed for commercial use.

5. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

6. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

Jeep threads, seek out the plowmeister, he seems to be the man for jeeps. He runs a vee on his, but I do not no how he modifies them. :nod:

7. ggb6259

ggb6259 Senior Member
    from SW MI

Snowdogg great plowws for the JEEPnee