1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss vs Fisher

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by shaunnshelly, Jul 26, 2010.

1. shaunnshelly

shaunnshelly Senior Member

I am in the market for a new V-plow. I currently have a truck with a Boss 9.2 RT2 V-plow that has been awesome. No problems at all. I recently purchased new truck and would like to know if anyone can give me feed back on the Boss 9.2 RT3 XT vs Fisher 9.5 SS Extreme V. I really like the idea of SS vs mild steel. I like the looks of the Boss Light system and XT wings. Price will not be my deciding factor. Durability will be the factor. I will only be using the plow for large comm lots. I do not plow any residential.

2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I am in a similar situation as you, have one truck w/ a boss 8.2V and just bought a second truck. I'll be sticking with boss to keep the same brand plow across the board. If one ever goes down, it will be easy to swap plows between trucks and be back up and running quickly.

Also, you don't have to "stock" as many spare parts.

I'm looking for a 9.2 vxt steel, then I'll add wings to both the 9.2 and 8.2 :)

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Speed of the plow should be considered and boss is the fastest! I will not own another plow but boss. I love em.

4. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Get the boss! You'll be glad you did!

5. ajslands

And since you're doing large lots, put wings on it!

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

From the back a chick looks great,then she turns around and is a butter face. Same with plows, Fisher looks good ,but you want something that works good so stick with Boss!

7. shaunnshelly

Speed is definitely a factor. As far as wings are concerned I would not put wings on as we mainly use Loaders and Snow Pushers. Trucks have Spreaders and are nice for small areas Pushers are hard to get into. I checked the Fisher web site last night and it looks like the Fisher is far superior to the Boss. Not sure what plows they are comparing..

8. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

I checked the Fisher web site last night and it looks like the Fisher is far superior to the Boss

In what way may I ask?

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I agree. In what way?

10. ajslands

I'll bet the same person made that YouTube video of a fisher being faster to put on than a boss!

11. ajslands

A BOSS looks good no matter what side you are looking at!

12. ajslands

............................. Getting my post count up.............................

:laughing:

13. shaunnshelly

Going to the Boss Dealer today.. See what info they can give me..

14. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Go with the Fisher. :gunsfiring:

15. ajslands

No reds a better color!

16. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

With a hand held control too.

17. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I am a fan of the joystick. I hate the rocker box. The handhelds alright. But each their own.

18. supercuts

supercuts Senior Member

what i find odd is that every post about boss is owners love them and swear by them. now when i go to my area for meyer owners, all we do is complain about them. perhaps that is why my new $4500 meyer pos plow is coming off next week for a nice v-xt. they only bad part about this is the meyer stays with me on our new back up truck 3 and truck 2 still has meyer as well........but not for long if things contiue to go well

19. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

2 cents

I run Meyers Western and Boss And Curtis in the past. Boss all the Way. I will not go back. Eventually My fleet will only be running Boss.

20. SMillerHD

SMillerHD Member
    from IN

I wish I could help but it is simply red country here, no other colors or brands here. I would like to see more of the SS blades around here just for something different.