1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Vs Fisher V Plows

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by PJH Landscaping, Jun 25, 2009.

1. PJH Landscaping

PJH Landscaping Junior Member
    from Meriden

Hey guys I am stuck on which plow to buy. i have a 2000 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel. I am looking to get either a 9'2 Boss V, the new poly xvt one they got coming out. Or a 9'2 Fisher Stainless Steel v blade. The prices are going to be just about the same money for both. The dealer for boss is a little closer. So what do you guys think. Thanks

2. ATV Plow King

ATV Plow King Senior Member

Well the boss is a full trip and the fisher is just a trip edge. the stainless is nice and so is the boss. but if your getting a 9.2 V XT might as well just go for the wideout. but its really all personal preff.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You need to hear from someone that has run both. The Fisher trip edge works in any position. I believe the Boss full trip only works when the blade is straight. I think they fixed that by offering a trip edge. As for the Wideout, there's no comparison between a Vee vs XLS/Wideout/Blizzard 810 or 8611

4. ATV Plow King

ATV Plow King Senior Member

i ont like the trip edge for the fact if you hit something higher then the trip edge then you better hold on