1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Vs Fischer

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KSB, Mar 14, 2008.

1. KSB

KSB Member

Ok Guys: Once and for all what is the best V-plow Boss or fischer. Does the new boss really roll more snow over the bank for doing roads than the Fischer extreme V. What are thoughts. Bass seems very expensive to mantain. Any comments.

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

[​IMG]

4. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/teMlv3ripSM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/teMlv3ripSM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

lol................

5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

ROFLMAO :D:D Thanks for the vid SF :drinkup:

6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

hahahhahahha i say BOSHER:drinkup:

7. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Anytime...........:D................:waving:

8. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

honestly i would recomend the fisher. very easy to maintain. very easy manual attachment unlike the boss that has the electronic attachment or whatever it is which can fail. idk anyone that has had it fail. but the few people i know that own boss plows have said they are the best. so easy to maintain. so much easier to mount, then the next season i see them with a fisher.

i know a guy who bought a 9' boss for his f550 for the 07-08 season. used it 1 storm and got rid of it and bought a fisher XLS for cheaper than his boss straight blade.

9. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

my next two plows are going to be the fisher extreme V SS and the XLS. fisher is how i am going to roll for the rest of my life I believe....

10. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

SNOWAY ALL THE WAY:drinkup::D

11. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

The one that is on the front of your truck..............................

There all good plows.
    They all brake.
    They all cost $$$ to fix.

The biggest factor is the guy driving the truck.

Is to
    is not
    is to
    is not.....................................

12. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i would have to say that fisher is the way to go......but i have never owned or even seen a boss......but i think the double acting cylinders on the fisher are nicer than the springs holding the wings back like the boss,

when icould see the spring's beeing a problem is backdraging..........with single acting cyl's the wings would just pull themselves forward?....i guess

SF: you really need to see someone about that voice in youre head that you are argueing with lol

13. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

i would have to say BOSS
    sorry tom

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Thats actually one of the reasons I always liked the Boss's better...guys use the example that they like the Fisher better since it attaches to the truck mechanically rather than the Boss that uses hydros to attach the plow, but the Boss uses 2 less hoses and 4 less valves/coils, as well as less wiring to actually operate the plow. No Iso mod either. Much easier and simpler to field diagnose and repair.

As long as it has the Smart Locks on it it's not an issue. Backdragging is just fine.

If your concerned with weight, the Boss would be a little lighter than the Fisher for the comparable sized plow.

Dealer support is really the main key here though..

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  15. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Boss is better.

Otherwise it wouldnt be called "The Boss"

Like B&B said, i like that the boss doesnt have double acting cylinders. the less the motor has to turn the longer it should last. plus the solenoid gets activated less because of that. and with the smart locks youll have a very hard time folding the plow backwards when backdragging. plus the cutting edge with curbguards built in ins nice.

16. KSB

KSB Member

Boss actua;\l performance

Thanks for the serious replies on my question of Boss Vs Fischer for V-plows. But I still see no comments on how the Boss actually performs in plowing snow, does it roll snow over the bank dramatically better than the Fischer Extreme V? Please put some actual facts behind your opinion.

17. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The Boss XT's series do.....I've used both. The XT's roll very well.

No difference between a Fisher and a regular non XT Boss Vee though...

18. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

dude everyone likes differetn stuff and if they like there equipment ther gonna tell you its the best out there......most peopel dont have both brands...

19. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Ive used a fisher V plow and several Boss v plows they both get the job done. The only thing i like better about the fisher is that it is a trip edge. i like full trip straight blades but i like a trip edge v plow. If you get a Boss make sure you get the smartlocks some of our bosses dont have them and its a pita to backdrag.

20. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

any plow will roll the snow well. thats what thier designed to do. also, the faster you go, the better it rolls.........