1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Vs. Fischer

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by scjjcj, Mar 13, 2006.

1. scjjcj

scjjcj Junior Member
    from Boston

Does anyone have an opinion on Boss plows vs Fisher? It will be used strictly for personal use-1800ft driveway.

2. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

Go to the Boss forum and watch the vidio comparison..Very interesting.
  3. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

I've owned both Boss and Fisher straight blades. I cannot comment on a v-plow as I have never owned a v. It is my opinion that Boss is the better plow. I think both are excellent snowplows so there isn't too much of a difference and both will do what you want. As the previous poster said, go to the Boss web site and look at the comparison video. Also, my opinion is based upon comparing a Boss 8 ft. commercial grade plow to a Fisher 8 ft. commercial grade plow. If you're thinking of getting a lighter residential grade plow, I can't help you there except to say that my brother in law has a Fisher Homesteader and likes it a lot. Hope this helps.
  4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I say go with the Fisher we have both and i prefer the fisher. They are both good plows so its more of a personal preference. Ive used fishers for years and have nothing to complain about.The boss we've only had for a year and it didn't snow much so i cant really say anything about it. When we used it it worked fine.

I wouldn't put much into the comparison videos thats like going to a dodge dealership and asking them what they think about a comparable Chevy.