1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss vs buyers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by beaugross, Aug 14, 2013.

1. beaugross

beaugross Member

What are your opinions fella's. I have been running boss for many years and i love the plows and everything about them. I am just curious to what everyone thinks about snowdogg's. Can't help but notice the price of the buyers product. So i have been beating around the idea of switching over to buyers because i need to replace one plow and purchase another this year....

Lets hear(read) what you have to say...
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Really.....Im a western guy and I have to object to putting Boss and Buyers on the same playing field.

Boss all the way!
  3. beaugross

beaugross Member

Im just wondering if the savings buying the snowdogg would be worth it in the long run....nobody has one in my area so therefor i have limited knowledge and opinions locally....
  4. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

I bought a SaltDogg spreader a couple years, strictly based on price.

It works, it has had its issues.

I will not be buying another. Or very likely any other Buyer's products.
  5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I have yet to see a broken A frame on a snowdogg, or very many breakage issues at all vs what I see fairly consistantly about Boss. Second, compare the specs and my plow outweigh's a Boss by a good amount, plus is 4" wider - and I can get stainless wings as well.

I'm going on my third season with mine and its not given a single issue yet. I had a hose get loose this past winter but that was on me more than anything. I just hook up and go, she hasn't given me problems at all. The cutting edge is still in great shape as well.

I can't say enough good things about Snowdogg from the dealers to the plows themselves, they are top notch. People put them down due to price and brand bias assuming they have to be crap because they are less expensive.
  6. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Boss all the way. We run 4 and never have any real problems with any of them. Also run 4 westerns without many problems. Aside from an occasional motor or hose (only gone thru 2 motors and 2 hoses in the 11 years of use) you wont have any problems.
  7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Most of their crap is cheap Chinese sh!t.
  8. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Buyers are cheap for a reason.....
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  9. plowguy43

Please provide a list of this.

Ok, example? I plow post storm (24 hours after the snow stops) allowing it to get heavier, wetter, ice over, plus 24 hours worth of DOT/Town plow trucks stacking snow banks at the end of drives. My plow handles all of it with ease, never bending or breaking a thing. Must be that cheap chinese metal they use...

I think its more the contrary, Boss/Fisher/Western/Snoway are over priced for no reason. Tell me why a Boss that is very simple in design, using less parts, less complicated electronics and hydraulics is still as expensive as a more complicated, more parts & electronic intensive Stainless Steel plow such as a Fisher???

Can you also explain to me why the same plow design has increased in price every year with no changes (XV, VXT, Power V, etc).
  10. beaugross

beaugross Member

Woah...not looking to start a civil war over brands...
  11. plowguy43

LOL happens any time this gets brought up. Everyone has their brand bias. I've owned many fishers - I believe 6 or 7 total. At my work we run 2 Boss straight blades as well. Of them all, my snowdogg was less to buy and has had the least amount of repairs (read- 0) required while being worked the hardest.
  12. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Ok, what's better: Ford, Dodge, Chevy? Go. :)
    Actually I'm glad this question has been asked. Just because it's less expensive doesn't mean it's junk. Glad to read the testimonials from ppl who own Snow Doggs.
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  13. plowguy43

2013-02-27 17.10.41.jpg

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Yep and look at what color plow they are runnin.........:laughing: