1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Vplow vs Fisher Vplow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by boba, Oct 10, 2000.

1. boba

boba Senior Member

I'm undecided which one to put on a 2000 Ford F350 diesel pickup. Presently I run a fisher ezv on a 1999 Ford F350 dump truck and find it too narrow. Thoughts???

2. iowastorm

iowastorm Senior Member

A Boss 9'2'' V will work well and will be wide enough if you have duallys. This is my opinion, but the 10' Boss V would work too and be even more productive, but costs around $5K. I think they're well built, have ample reinforcements and trip springs. Don't think you'll have any problems or complaints from either plow. Remember the most important point of all; Boss' website is better looking than Fisher's; that's the most important thing of all. . . . and now the responses from the Fisher crowd.

3. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Don't forget the BOSS glossy color sales brochure! And the nifty BOSS plow "in action" video.

~Chuck

4. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

The 8.5 v works fine on a 350 pick up, i have one. However i agree it is too small on an F 350 Dump. From now on the only dump trucks that get V plows are the F 550, because you can use a 9.5 v. The cost difference between the F 450 and F 550 is so small, your crazy not to get the F 550.

Geoff

5. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

When you wear the decals off, Boss will send you new ones, no charge. We just got a bunch in. That's a selling point.

6. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Unless you are buying another truck to run the ezv on, you will lose your shirt selling it, and buying a new boss.
    I would add pro wings, or live with it. I have an mvp on a 98 K-3500 dually, extended wheel base with a back pack tool box, and 8' body. I have no problems with the 8.5' width.
    Dino

7. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

We find that our Boss plows don't have much of a resale value, but with new decals we can get $2500 for the decals and throw in the plow for nothing.....

8. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

9. Snow Pro

Snow Pro Senior Member

If the Boss doesn't trip, you're better off with the Fisher.

10. Lazer

Lazer Senior Member

Boss:

1.) You can get Poly (Only in 8.2 and 9.2) though.
    2.) You can get a 10', which is really what you want on a dually.

My 1/2 ton SB I set up 2 years ago, I only mounted an 8.2' on it, wish I'd gone w/ 9.2'.

I do think it's time for Boss to offer a cutter-edge trip design option.

But, wider is better.