1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss vplow electrical problems

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dan9812, Mar 8, 2008.

1. dan9812

dan9812 Junior Member

lately after a few hours of plowing i will be raising the ploww and my radio will shut off, lights get very dim, and my abs light comes on, the abs light goes off when i let go off the button. fwhen it does this my batteries are drained[2of them]. no battery light comes on, tested alternator, it was bad so i replaced, plowed yesterday, after 15 hours it did it again, im lost, any suggestions, and the plow is 2 years old
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your batteries aren't keeping up with the plow, or the pump motor is drawing too much amps which no battery will keep up with.

Have the batteries tested as well as an amp draw test on the plow motor itself.

Check all the plow cable connections for corrosion and tightness as well. A poor connection adds extra resistance to the circuit, which adds to amp draw.

The fact that it takes 15 hours before it does it isn't that bad though. Some with have the same symptoms in only a couple hours of plowing.
  3. dan9812

dan9812 Junior Member

it has gone dead after 2hours before, and im having new alt teste, i bet its bad, so whatever it is i think might be ruining alt
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

And of course bad batteries will do that as well so be sure to have them checked. Be sure to post back and share your findings.
  5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Had that problem last year. There was a dead cell in the battery