1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss vee plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by wedgeb, Dec 15, 2013.

1. wedgeb

wedgeb Junior Member
    from 02360

I have an 8 foot boss vplow that is 3 years old. Several times today the plow wouldn't lift. I hear the solenoid click and sometimes the motor run but it won't lift. If I shut the truck off it sometimes works but just by clicking it the plow finally lifts. Any idea if it is a solenoid problem?

2. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

First are all your connections tight? Mine did that last year and the plug worked itself alittle loose and some functions worked and others didn't. I reconnected it and it worked fine ever since

3. chevy2500meyer

chevy2500meyer Member

At the university where i work we have a 7.5 v plow and the solenoid clicks and lights and everything works except for movement. I figured it out that the frame (mount and lift frame) is what grounds the system out. Its well used so i does have a little play. I think its the RT3 system? i usually shake the light tower and it works fine.

4. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

wrong section but pop the front cover off and you can see the connections on the back of the switch. Clean them up and run an extra ground to the frame. If it doesn't help at least you did some free preventative maintenance.

5. wedgeb

wedgeb Junior Member
    from 02360

Thanks guys. I didn't realize I was in the wrong section.. new at this and desperate in the middle of the storm.

6. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

^^^^^. This.

Also check your fluid level