1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Vee 9'2" ?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by ACS, Sep 3, 2008.

1. ACS

ACS Member

Hi I was wondering if I will at all run into any problems with putting a 9'2" V on my 02 2500HD I will be putting timbrens on the front also. I was going to just go with a 8'2" but bigger for me is better gets the jobs done quicker. So any comments or suggestions would be awesome.

Thanks Joey
  2. Indy

Indy Senior Member

What bed and cab on your HD?
  3. ACS

ACS Member

Reg Cab. Long box (8ft)
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Go for it. The truck will handle it fine. And don't forget the pictures!
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What engine? Is the truck plow prep equipped?
  6. ACS

ACS Member

Its the 6.0L ( gas ) I belive it is the plow prep package
  7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Then run the 9.2 without question. :nod: :waving:
  8. ACS

ACS Member

I will def get pictures
  9. Indy

Indy Senior Member

done, NEXT
  10. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

The difference in weight between a 8'2" and a 9'2" is 68lbs. If your truck can handle an 8'2" it should be able to handle a 9'2" xysport
  11. ACS

ACS Member

Ok perfect , The sales person was just saying I might have to keep it out just a bit more so it doesnt scrap the ground when I drive and Hit bumps.
  12. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Alright so i am going to be the only one saying mabye not. I have a 9.2v on a F350 diesel so maybe thats why it feels heavy, but sometimes i wish i had a smaller plow. If your not doing any driveways i would go for it. But if its going to be driveways and some parking lots go with the 8.2 and get the wings. An 8.2 with wings will kill a 9.2 without. have the best of both worlds. Just an idea . sorry to toss this out there after you already have your mind made up or so it seems.
  13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You will but no big deal.
  14. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

On my bosses F350s we have to do that, like Jd says its not a big deal at all.
  15. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

You might not be able to drive around with the plow wings fully retracted but I think that's pretty common. No biggie
  16. ACS

ACS Member

Ok perfect , thanks for all the help . Now To decide cause I do have some driveways to do . But The 9'2" still might do
  17. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Your find, aslong as its not a wet snow
  18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

And remember, a 9.2 may sound like a lot of plow...but a 9.2 is only 92" in the scoop position and 99" in the V position. If you place it in one of these two positions, the plow will fit virtually anywhere the truck will. :nod:

Few turns on the T-bars and a set of Timbrens will take care of the dragging wing tip issues in most spots.
  19. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Definetaly do it
  20. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

If you get into commercial mowing, banks and other drive throughs might be too tight for that 9.2.

I do 4 banks and have to do them with the 8.2 in the V, because the 9.2 won't go.

Yes, I also have to fold my mirrors in with the trailer tow mirrors.

Yes, a 9.2 will get big lots done a LITTLE faster, but not if you can't get all of the lot.