1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss VBX Spreader Help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Flawless440, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

3rd season on 2 of my Boss VBX, this is the 1st problem i have had..

Getting red 'X' error on the display..
    Translates to Controller not communicating with the control module on the spreader. This unit was working and spreading salt when threw this error.
    I have gone threw wiring, have power in the main power cables. I'm thinking it's in the pluges. Going to clean it good today.
    Anyone else go thew this?? I know these units are still new to the market.
  2. all ferris

all ferris Senior Member

I'm not sure if the Boss VBX is a multiplex system or not (I assume it is), but my Western tornado was working fine one second and the next there was nothing. Ended up being the spreader module or the "brain"
  3. bah1491

bah1491 Member

I have three of them and had similar trouble with one. Had to replace the weather pack plugs on the rear of truck / spreader. We clean, and put di-electric grease in everything before storage and still have stupid crap like that happen. Also had one "think" it was a Pintle unit when they are all auger lol. Had to reset module behind back panel on spreader.