1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss VBX 9000

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by terrain1, Jan 2, 2016.

1. terrain1

terrain1 Junior Member

My snow ex 7550 let me down once again and for the past few days it has been a glorified salt bin and I have been salting by hand. I was at my dealer this morning getting some salt and he offered to take my snow ex in trade and install a new vbx 9000 instead. He offered me a 1000 for my old salter and 4100 for the boss after the trade. It would get installed on Tuesday instead of fixing the old one. I don't really have time to figure if the price is good since I wasn't really in the market but it seems reasonable. Any thoughts as to whether it is a reasonable price would help. Thanks
  2. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

I paid 5300 for my vbx8000 and installed it myself, so yeah without knowing what your other sander is worth I'd be all over that deal
  3. terrain1

terrain1 Junior Member

Thanks for the response. The snow ex is 5 years old so I thought the offer was reasonable. It sounds like the price for the new one is good so I am going to go that route. Tired of never knowing if the spreader is going to work.
  4. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Yep! Ditto!
  5. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

Post a review after you've used it a few times! I want to get one next year
  6. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

That's a damn good deal.

Just a VBX8000 with another yard of capacity. Ours have been great.
  7. jbell36

jbell36 Senior Member
    from Kansas

um, what? that's a hell of a deal. we bought a vbx8000 in '13 for $5200 i believe. we picked up a vbx9000 just the other day and i think that was around $6000 if not a little more...i would buy it if i were you, they are awesome spreaders and best of all, reliable
  8. terrain1

terrain1 Junior Member

I did purchase the spreader and it will be installed on Tuesday. The dealer I use has always been good to me.
  9. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

The vbx 8000s are 6900 now. That's a good deal
  10. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

I believe the only difference is a 3/4 hp feed motor instead of the 1/2 hp on the vbx.
    I've only used mine one storm but it was great.
  11. procuts0103

procuts0103 Senior Member

Should have listened to John Deere green ^ and bought a boss spreader. I bought the new fisher steel caster electric since I have 3 other casters. Boy did they cheapen up the controller. The poly casters are good and simple but the new steel casters are just middle of the road. Anyone wanna trade? Lol
  12. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

sounds like a good deal to me they are asking 5300 here for the 8000 .
  13. terrain1

terrain1 Junior Member

VBX gets installed today. I will post a picture and review after I get to use it. Although as long as it turns on it will get high marks from me as the snow ex was a constant crap shoot over the past few years.
  14. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

Definitely get a review in! My salter crapped out for the first time today. 2 years old I'd say that's not bad for a salt Dogg vbox. I've heard nothing but good about the vbx so as long as that continues, next year boss it will be! I already have almost all boss plows mine as well complete the trifecta
  15. Does he have any more at that price
  16. terrain1

terrain1 Junior Member

I know he had two. He had a Pintle chain and auger I bought the auger. He probably has the Pintle left.
  17. terrain1

terrain1 Junior Member

The new Boss is installed and now I am just waiting for some snow to try it out. I will try and get a picture posted tomorrow it is huge in the back of the dump. Quit the change from the 7550.