1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss VBX 8000 AUGER

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by John_DeereGreen, May 5, 2015.

1. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Figured I'd throw it in here for a while before I put it out to the masses of Craigslist...

I'm selling my Boss VBX 8000, AUGER model. Bought it new at the end of February this season, used it for 2 events. I've put about 5 tons through it. Works like a champ. I left about a yard of salt sit in it for about 12 hours overnight and had no issues at all with the auger not working right, even at 10 degrees. Washed completely at the end of the season. It's sitting outside but completely tarped.

Only selling because I can't run it with my Ebling/don't want to salt with my personal truck anymore, and it's going to be too small to go on the F450's we're going to start running. Only trades I'd be interested in are a 3-4 yard electric v box in very good cosmetic and operating condition.

5K and it's yours. Saves 500 bucks and sales tax. Can be picked up just north of Wooster (44691) and I've got a skid steer to load it with.

2. spencers

spencers Member
    from Utah

Do you still have this?

3. spencers

spencers Member
    from Utah

Also curious how you load it with the skid steer?

4. John_DeereGreen

Yes, still have it. I'm not sure if I want to part with it right now, I ended up buying another pickup instead of the F450. It'll depend on how many boxes I need for this winter if this one goes or not.

We just slide the pallet forks underneath, and hook a ratchet strap to each of the front metal tie down brackets back to the pallet fork frame. Same way we used load and unload all of our Shitdogg's in the fall and spring. Using a pallet and sliding it onto it won't work too easily with this box, it's too heavy and the way the legs are molded it catches each piece of wood on the skid when you try to slide it.

5. spencers

spencers Member
    from Utah

oh yeah not sure if you saw my post in another thread but I had a stand made for mine. I just slide it out. That's funny you don't like saltdoggs. Why don't you like them? A lot of people have them in Utah and I think because they are cheap.

6. John_DeereGreen

Yeah, I saw that. It looked like a really nice setup.

They're nothing but headaches. You get what you pay for. We bought them because they're cheap and parts are reasonable. But I won't buy any more.

7. spencers

spencers Member
    from Utah

Well that's good to know. I was debating on either a VBX or the SaltDogg. Glad I went with the VBX. Hopefully now it will just snow this year here in Utah.