1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Variable Speed Controller

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by KAG, Dec 20, 2010.

1. KAG

KAG Senior Member

Spreader is not working. It is a TGS1100 tailgate spreader. The control box does not power up. I looked at the wiring. Traced it from the box to battery. I replaced the 2 inline knife fuses which looked god but replaced them anyway.The black 30amp relay fuse was also replaced. The 5 prong relay when plugged in I can feel it clicking or engaging The red and black tracer wire when bi-passed directly to the battery, the box should power up but it still does not power up. I opened the box and all the connections are good. Without the box powering up the spreader doesn't run. Ice on the way Wed night.

I suspect the circuit board in the box is bad. I have only had this about 12months so it should still be under warranty. I called the dealer American Truck Equipment in Kansas City several times and have to drive 120 miles there to get it looked at, long ways. The guy there says they have one box on the shelf and its $234.00....I tell him it should be a warranty issue and he says they will see. Sounds like they are already charging me....if I have to write the check I will but come on....already feeling a hosing coming on.

Is there anything else I might try before heading out tomorrow?????