1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Valves

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bigboss1977, Oct 8, 2011.

1. bigboss1977

bigboss1977 Senior Member
    from Utah

I just recently purchased a gently used boss 8’0 poly straight blade. This will be my first Boss plow. I was going to buy some spare valves and coils just in case something happens in the middle of the night and one goes out. I’ve got an extra solenoid and hoses so I’m good there. And I’ve very mechanically incline to fix anything on the plow. I know there in that enclosed area with the cover, but are they just held on by a bolt? Is it easy to replace them? And is there anything else I need to do with changing them out if I need to? Worked for a guy last year, but he had is own maintenance staff that did everything on the trucks and plows so I don’t have any experience that way.

Thanks all

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The valves have a nut on the end of the vavle that holds the coil onto the valve. So that has to come off, then more towards where the valve goes into the manifold theres a hex head so to speak where a open end part of a wrench would go to loosen the valve. Pretty straight forward.

3. bigboss1977

from Utah

Great, Thank you. I guess there isn't a diagram that shows what valve does what is there? Is there any way to test a valve with a meter or something?

4. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Valves and coils are not a common replacement parts unless damage to the plow has occured (usually front hitting a curb at a high rate of speed). If you want an extra valve, I would recommend an extra coil to go along with it. I believe the part numbers are HYD01637 for the lift/angle valve and HYD01638 for the coil.

5. bigboss1977

from Utah

Well thats good to know.....there are valves for up, down as well? Arent there.

Thanks

6. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

The lift valve and coil is the same as the angle valve and coil

7. bigboss1977

from Utah

I guess what I should have said are they same part #'s for all, lift,lower,right and left.
    Sorry for all the questions. Appreciate your help.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Lift/lower valves and their respective coils are the same. However the angle valve and coils are NOT the same as the lift /lower, and of course the SmartHitch valve/coil is different from the others also.You're thinking of a vee plow where they're all the same (except the SH).