1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss v ?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by buckhunter216, Mar 12, 2011.

1. buckhunter216

buckhunter216 Junior Member

Hi i work for a very large plow company. I was thinking about buying a boss v. But all i here is these v breaking all the time i was just wondering how much wear and tear do u guys do . I have a 7.6 straight now and i love it

2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Well it depends, if you snowplow like a maniac the your liable tobreak something. Your hydro line should break first but you could bend the a frame which is not cheap!

The plow trips in every position despite what people say.
    So if you're a good operator, I think you'll be fine.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

As said above,plow like an idiot and you'll break any plow. Go Boss V plow!

4. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

If you work for a Large Plowing Company....What type of Plows are they running....Do they have any "V"s.....If so ...How are they working out for them......:confused:

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I never had a issue with my vees. Just don't plow like a idiot and you'll be fine.

6. buckhunter216

yes they boss v on all the 5 tons which really dont plow much

7. buckhunter216

boss v

The company I work for has over 200 subcontractors and It seems like the Boss V is always having issue's, I understand if you plow like a idot you will have issue's. I was just trying to get input from other guys across the midwest because I may be interested in purchasing one and want to know the promblems you guys have run across before I make that purchase.

Thanks,

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

If anyone has a issue with theirs its a simple one. Nothing major. Its just like any other plow. Make sure you grease it, and keep the fluid level full and don't hit anything going 900 miles a hour and you'll be fine. I know guys that beat the hell outta there boss vees and still haven't had a issue.

9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

have had NO issues with my Bos V
    I would buy another one in a heartbeat

10. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Once you go to a boss and a V you wont ever feel "right" using or buying any other plow....
    Very reliable. I keep my plows outside year round never a problem. going on 10 years!

I have 3 Boss v's they all are like 9 Years old Never had any major problems with them.
    I have replaces the cutting edges, Springs..
    always change the fluids
    ALWAYS put dielectric grease on all the electrics, etc
    Do all the stuff Boss tells you to do and you will be ok.

Its all about the who is taking care of the plow i say!

I do everything up to a certain extent... Like i dont grease my plow every week i dont check the bolts on my plow's undercarriage. But just take care of it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54X2hpEkfTM&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_stronger_r2-2r-6-HM

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  11. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

had my boss v for 11 years hit 6 deer and one cow yes i said cow (long story and involved a counrty road and a snow storm) I have put one a frame and a few minor things here and there. Mine takes a likking and keeps on begging for more every year. I get a lot of use out of mine start at midnight and finish with all my stuff the next day around 5 pm so it sees a ton of miles. Wouldnt own another plow

12. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Get the plow. I have done some things with it this year that I will never do again, and it still works perfectly. If you plow like an ass, you will break things, no matter the brand.

13. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

What is the name of the company you work for? My friend has a boss v plow and like everyone said above if you plow like an idiot then that is when things break more often. That is why I like being a small company. If I break something I know whos fault it is. I see what other guys do to companies equipment. They beat the crap out of it. Boss v plows are good plows and you will like it alot.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  14. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

My Boss V is now four years old and has had zero issues. It's the most reliable plow I've owned, next one will be a Boss as well. These plows have a very simple wiring harness and are easy to diagnose.

15. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

I have had my V for 5 years and have had 0 issues. Maintenance and plowing normality is the key to the long life of any plow.

16. old skool

old skool Senior Member
    from NW IL

Like everyone says.. go for it!

I started plowing in 1978. Bought a Boss 8.2 V three winters ago. By far best plow I have ever used..

One other thing not mentioned.. taking it on and off the truck is FAST! No kickstands, jacks, blocks, etc... just flip two levers on push frame, plug in wiring harness, use toggle switch to power lift frame in place and GO, ..... reverse to remove..... couldnt get any easier.