1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V-XT Poly??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by PTSolutions, Mar 20, 2009.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

have you guys heard about it? brother has a friend who works at our boss dealership and says they have one sitting on the floor. havent had a chance to go out and see it yet though.

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Buddy of mines brother was at a expo in Illinois and saw the same plow. Apparently it is going to be ready to sell late this summer. Tell your brother to get us some pics. I want to see it.

3. PTSolutions

i will snap some when i go this week, i have to order some equipment anyways.

4. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

I saw it at the Heavy Truck Equipment Show in Chicago. Lots of X and Cross bracing. It's pretty heavy from what they were telling me. Looked like a Boss XT but Poly from the front. The back had a lot of extra metal.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

With as much backup steel that they used to support the poly sheet they should have just used a steel moldboard sheet anyway. :rolleyes:

6. PTSolutions

here are the pics guys, sorry for the quality its off my cell phone and the lighting wasnt the best.
    This is an 8'2" poly V-XT they have it hooked up against some bracing on the wall so i couldnt get the best pics from the backside.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

Wow, that sure looks like ALOT of bracing on the backside. Not saying that's bad, but just a lot of metal to have to take care of! (Which is why I bought the poly 8'2" V)

8. PTSolutions

the metal on the back of the boss's look to hold up really well, and id rather have a poly board so it doesnt get scratched up as bad.

9. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

yea my poly has held up well, i wonder what thats going to weigh in at, it does look pretty mean though.

10. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Great pics.

I have 4 Boss pollys, Oldest of which is 4 years now. All are in perfect condition.

Did anybody get a list price on this new V?

J

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I think its the same price as a regular XT, don't quote me tho.

12. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

My dealer tells me the poly plows are built heavier than the standard v's. I believe it, hope they last longer

13. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

Same Price? Saaaa....weet $5600 bucks is a deal

14. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Didn't know they had the XT in a poly blade yet, Called my dealer yesterday and had him order me an 8'2" Power V XT Poly for our 08, Should be here in June Or July and we got in on the early season pricing (saved about $350.00) Never had one in poly before, hope they hold up well.

15. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

my poly plows holding up great. i think i will most likley stick with poly from here on out.