1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V xt Plow Install Question??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by merrimacmill, Nov 28, 2007.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone knows if I can put a vxt plow on my truck without having to change the mount or wiring harness? I saw something on the Boss website about how their plows and wireing harnesses are all designed to be interchangeable weather its a V or straight, but I'm not sure if this is something brand new or if it would be the same on my 2006 plow and truck.

Also does anyone know if I could purchase just the plow without the mount or harness or anything? If so how much?

I've been useing straight blades on our lots for years now and each and everytime I plow I can see the huge time saving advantage a V must give. Thats why I'm considering switching.

Thanks for the help.
  2. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

All you will need is a new controller and you will be set.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

100% correct, just swap out the controller's and you can run either straight or V.... that's one of the beauties of a Boss...
  4. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

A Vee controller will run a straight blade but not the otherway around. You could buy a "plow" only, a plow minus the truck side, I'd guess they'd cut maybe 1100 off the price.

Figure truck side steel is 550, wiring harness is 5-600.
  5. merrimacmill

from MA

What do you guys think I could get for my 2006 8 foot super duty straight blade trip edge with no bad rust? Just a little here and there where the parts rub eachother and wear the paint off.
  6. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

no problem , everthing is compatable.there is an express option that is new ,that my 2004 controller does not perform.a double tap on the up button will send it up without holding it provided that you have the vee controller
  7. merrimacmill

from MA

My controller has that on my straight blade. I find I never use it though. I don't have my push button controller mounted so right after I push into the snow pile I already have it in the hand that is on the steering wheel backing up the truck while I'm holding the button up and the other hand is on the shifter putting it in reverse and then in drive when I'm done backing up. I know I could use it but I found out that it had it about 3 monthes after I started using it. So being a creature of habit thats the only way I can use it. But I do use the express down which I guess is aucully the "float" posisition.