1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BOSS V-XT Pics

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by duraplow, Nov 2, 2011.

1. duraplow

duraplow Member

After gathering new blades for the equipment figured I spoil my own truck. Ordering new V-XT moldboards and Smartlight 2 kit. Just wondering should I go with poly or steel? Just wanted to see what they look like mounted on the trucks, thanks guys. . .

2. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Poly no doubt. Snow rolls of farther, sticks less, and does not rust.

3. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

4. duraplow

duraplow Member

Nice looking setup you got there

5. Mr. Mud

Mr. Mud Member

Nice Looking setup! Did you do yourself? I used to move mine from truck to truck, but never set up a brand new one alone, anyone know how long it takes to set one up from a crate? 8'2" vxt with deflector is what I'm setting up. MUD

6. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Thanks guys.
    The plow was put together, I did the rest myself. I always do my own plows, that way I can run the wiring the way I want to. The deflectors are sort of a pita, c-clamps come in handy.

7. bossman34

bossman34 Member

I always build everything myself, I dont trust anybody and i know how everything is put together. It takes a couple hours to set the plow up from the crate, a friend comes in handy to move the wings around. The mount on the truck depends on the vehicle-i just installed mine on my 2003 F-250. The mounting install took about 3 hours by myself. The wiring took about an hour and a half and mounting the joystick and getting all wires covered in loom took another 2 hours. Then you have to make sure the plow is leveled then tighten the trip springs, aim headlights. Putting the deflector on takes another couple hours to make it look right. So thats about how long it took me with a shop and air tools. good luck