1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V-XT and torsion bars ?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Novadiecast, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

Today I had the 8'2" V-Xt installed on my 07 Classic GMC Crew Cab Short Bed with a 6.0. I have the snow plow prep package on the truck. It seamed to handle the weight alright with a 3 hour drive home. My question comes with the install they did. I watched everything they did and they put 8 turns on my torsion bars. I told them I would be running around 600 pounds of ballast. Is 8 turns too much????????? I always hear you guys say 4-5 turns and timbrens. I don't have the timbrens yet.
  2. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

Your gonna need them.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

8 turns isn't out of the ordinary at all. A lot of time's it take's 3 or 4 turns just to get the truck some what level before adding the plow, but it just depends on how low the truck is stock.

8 turns, no Timbrens and 700 lbs of ballast should be just about right with a 6.0 CC.
  4. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member