1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V won't maintain position

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by trukn, Mar 3, 2007.

1. trukn

trukn Junior Member

The wings of the Boss V won't maintain their position when I am pushing snow. they bend back. It goes up and down just fine. I checked the fluid and it is full.

2. payton

payton Senior Member

do you have smart locks? if not then there gonna .. add a set of smart locks that will help solve the problem.

3. trukn

trukn Junior Member

Don't have smart locks. what do they do?

4. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

smart locks only lock the blade in place for back dragging and have nothing to do with pushing froward... when are your blades pushing back. all the time or when your up against things?like piles or curbs...

5. trukn

trukn Junior Member

When I am up against piles

6. Midwest BuildIt Inc

The hydraulic system has a pressure relief built onto it. When you drive into the pile it exerts force on the cylinder and hydraulics. When you put to much force on the blade, it will release the pressure in the cylinder letting the wing fold back. This is normal to protect the plow and truck from damage. If its doing it in really fluffy snow, and really soft piles,then there might be something wrong with it.

7. trukn

trukn Junior Member

thanks, It seemed to work good when the snow was light, but as it's getting higher and heavier it causes the situation I mentioned. My first V plow. It's probably OK. Thanks.

8. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Sounds like it is ok ,, Bye the way welcome to plow site....:waving: .

9. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

if you tear the pressure relief valve apart bottom out the inside allen bolt than set it at 1.75 turns and you should be fine