1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V with downpressure

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Turkey, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Turkey

Turkey Member

Given my engineering background, I've been studying the Boss hydraulic and electrical schematics for a way to add downpressure to a Boss V. The best I've come up with is that by triggering two solenoids and the pump while in float mode would cause the "Smart Hitch" circuit to function as it would with outside switch to raise the tower. The only concern I've found is that there is no pressure relief other than on the pump and the lift cylinder has a 2,200psi pressue rating. This could be activated with a switch and relay in the cab, and would only require the addition of a single trigger wire to the plow from the truck. Anybody try anything like this?
  2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Years ago. Been doing this for many years if you do a search. A relief valve can be added but then you step on some other toes when you eliminate the momentary and make it a holding down pressure. Of course you can do it yourself all you want.ussmileyflag

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

There was a guy on here that had posted pics of something he had done, but for some reason he had to take his pics down if I remember right. The boss plow downpressure thread is such a headache for alot of us. It has been beaten to death numerous times before.
  4. Bolt-1

Bolt-1 Senior Member

And this is exactly one of the reasons i am a member of this site. To learn. Hopefully you or someone from this site will figure it out. Patent the idea then sell it for big bucks. payup !!!
    Then you or someone from this site wont have to plow during the winter to take care of their family.
  5. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

6. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Has anyone taken the time to diagram the wiring? I see the box and wires but that doesn't help with actually making one up.
    I would be interested in trying it. I can't see using it all the time but might be handy for a stubborn drive.
  7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I thought ALL plows have downpressure. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
  8. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

That was a pretty funny thread - I have no interest in restarting that debate :)

I just wanted to play around and see if it is even useful.
    For the most part these plows are so heavy I don't see where you really need the down pressure.
  9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Oh it's probably been done by a couple people here and there:cool: they just can not release anything until Snoway's patent runs out.
  10. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

i saw the title of this thread and got the .45 ready. i dont think i can handle another one of these arguments....lol
  11. boonman

boonman Junior Member

lmao! It can be down, but without taking a pee-pee slapping, not alot of info can be released. Well, maybe the information can be released, you know, for testing purposes......